Cookbook:20 Minute Beef Stroganoff
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:20 minute beef stroganoff)
|20 Minute Beef Stroganoff|
|Serving Size:||1 cup|
|Servings Per Recipe:||4|
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat||56 (13%)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||60 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles (figures are for yolk-free noodles)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 8-ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, peeled and coarsely chopped (about a cup)
- 1 17-ounce package prepared beef tips with gravy
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup (figures are for fat-free)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon (or more to taste) mild or hot paprika
- ½ cup sour cream (figures are for reduced-fat)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare noodles according to package directions and drain.
- As the noodles are boiling, warm oil in very deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions and cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add beef tips, milk, and mushroom soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Reduce heat to simmer and stir in garlic, paprika, and sour cream.
- Simmer lightly, without letting it boil (that will curdle it).
- When noodles are finished and drained, serve with noodles on serving plate or individual plates, with sauce over it.
- Garnish with parsley.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Prepared beef tips with gravy is typically found in the market's refrigerated meat case.