Wings 3D/User Manual/User Interface/The Toolbar
The Toolbar is a feature of the Geometry window. It can be hidden by placing the mouse over the Geometry window title bar and clicking the Right Mouse Button then selecting Hide Toolbar. To 'UnHide' the Toolbar repeat and select Show Toolbar.
- Shaded Preview- toggles Shaded Preview and the default view mode
- Orthographic View - toggles between Orthographic View and Perspective View
- Orthographic View shows models in two dimensions. In this mode, lines are not subject to foreshortening like they are in Perspective view. Therefore, even the elements of geometry that are far away from the camera appear to be the same length as those up close. This is useful for certain operations like moving elements only on the plane that the camera is facing with Move|Free or Tools|Tweak Mode. It is also useful in some Tools|Connect Mode operations.
- Perspective View shows the model in three dimensions and gives the impression the certain elements of the geometry are further away than others. This is the ideal viewing mode for most modeling operations because this is how objects appear to us in the real world.
- Vertex - switches to Vertex Mode
- Clicking the Vertex Icon when in another selection mode will transform your current selection to its equivalent as Vertices.
- Clicking the Vertex Icon with a vertex selection already made will "grow" the selection.
- Edge - switches to Edge Mode
- Clicking the Edge Icon when in another selection mode will transform your current selection to its equivalent as Edges.
- Clicking the Edge Icon with an edge selection already made will "grow" the selection.
- Face - switches to Face Mode
- Clicking the Face Icon when in another selection mode will transform your current selection to its equivalent as Faces.
- Clicking the Face Icon with a face selection already made will "grow" the selection.
- Object - switches to Object/Body Mode
- Clicking the Object/Body Icon when in another selection mode will select the entire object.
- Show/Hide Grid - toggles the Grid on and off
- Show/Hide Axises - toggles the Axises on or off
- Blank Sections - deselects any selected elements
Note that Growing the selection using the Toolbar Icons does not Grow the selection in the same way that Select|More in the Menu Bar does.
Toolbar Icon Preferences
- Since Wings 0.98.36, there are new options for changing the look of the Toolbar Icons.
- Go to Edit|Preferences|User Interface|Interface Icons
- Here you can change the set of icons you wish to use, however use will have to restart Wings to see your changes.
- Your choices are Classic as depicted above (the red pyramid icons), Blue Cube and Purple Tube.