Wikijunior:New Book of the Quarter/2007-3rd Quarter Vote
Voting for the Wikijunior New Book of the Quarter is open from now until July 1st, 2007 00:01 UTC. The winning New Book of the Quarter will become the next Wikijunior project and will influence the future direction of Wikijunior.
Voting Rules[edit source]
- Wikijunior projects will be at first proposed on New Title Suggestions to organize the proposal.
- Anyone can make a proposal and add a nomination.
- Once the project has been described to the satisfaction of the nominators, it can be added as an option to the voting page.
- Only registered Wikibooks users, who are logged in and have a minimum of 20 edits, are eligible to vote. (checked by contribution history)
- A voter can vote in support of as many nominated titles as he or she likes by editing the appropriate sections and inserting on a new line # ~~~~.
This adds a new numbered list item with your username and the time your vote was casted.
- Lengthy comments and discussions should take place on the New Title Suggestions page. A short comment giving a simple reason for voting is acceptable.
- Votes will be evaluated on the first day of each subsequent month.
- The winning project is the nomination with the most valid support votes and a minimum of 5 votes. Opposing votes are discarded. (see w:Approval voting).
- In case of a tie, the older projects will be selected (by project proposal history).
- Each project that receives any valid support votes will be automatically nominated for the following month.
- Winning projects will be added to the list of "approved" Wikijunior projects and the new project will be formally started.
Nominated Wikijunior Book Projects[edit | edit source]
A activity book emphasizing creative approaches in learning about architecture.
(New book suggestion)
- Pharos 06:00, 20 May 2007 (UTC)
To explain the physics, history, applications, components, and modern significance of electricity and related subjects.
(Renominated with 4 votes in the 2nd Quarter)
To explain and describe scientific theories about how life changes over time and demonstrate the effects of change on various species.
(New Book Definition)
Expand and improve the South America book with new questions and a focus on cultural activities of interest to kids like music, school and food.
(New book suggestion.)
Information about countries on the continent of Europe.
(Book already being developed.)
- Such a project already exists although it needs work. I created it in December but haven't had much time lately to add much to it. See: Wikijunior Europe Xania talk 20:15, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
Textbook of First Grade Math.
(New book suggestion.)
Will explain the history, tactics, equipment, social factors and modern significance of the Second World War.
(Renominated with 6 votes in the 2nd Quarter)
- Palmtree3000 19:35, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
- Xania talk 20:17, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
- Urbane (Talk) (Contributions) 10:24, 15 April 2007 (UTC)
- Professor Davies 16:50, 17 May 2007 (UTC)