|General | Proposals | Projects | Featured books||General | Technical | Administrative||Deletion | Undeletion | Import | Permissions|
Welcome to the General reading room. On this page, Wikibookians are free to talk about the Wikibooks project in general. For proposals for improving Wikibooks, see the Proposals reading room.
Wikidata request for comment on the ideal data import proccess
We are currently running a discussion on Wikidata about what the ideal data import process looks like. We want to get the thoughts of people who work on different Wikimedia projects who have different needs and knowledge of different kinds of data to make it our roadmap as inclusive as possible, please take a look.
A special edit-a-thon will be held at the English Wikivoyage through February 2018 to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Wikivoyage. The main goal of this edit-a-thon is to encourage new editors to share travel information at Wikivoyage. Anyone interested in contributing, whether by updating outdated information or by adding listings of prominent sites/businesses such as a prominent museums, restaurants or hotels, is more than welcome to participate in the edit-a-thon.
The edit-a-thon is going to be held at several other editions of Wikivoyage including the German, French, Spanish, Italian, Ukrainian, Russian, Portuguese, Hindi, Hebrew and the Chinese editions of Wikivoyage. In addition, the use of a central notice banner has been requested to promote the edit-a-thon. ויקיג'אנקי (discuss • contribs) 16:54, 17 January 2018 (UTC)
- Out of curiosity, why was this message sent here? --Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 17:46, 17 January 2018 (UTC)
Reviews in admin groups
- @Artix Kreiger: Are you asking about the relationship between admin privs and reviewer privs? Nobody is going to end up with admin privs on en.wn without already being a reviewer. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 20:29, 25 January 2018 (UTC)
- Truthfully, I don't see any reason to change anything (changing stuff always runs the risk of something going wrong; if it ain't broke, don't fix it). Here, there's basically no way any admin won't already have the reviewer bit, so why would it matter? On en.wn, there have occasionally been admins who did not have the reviewer bit, though that's far more likely there since reviewer on en.wn is a much bigger deal than here. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 23:01, 25 January 2018 (UTC)
Reviewing my own edits
Since today, I have started reviewing my own old edits done before I have granted the automatic reviewer permission. Most of these edits are fixing of spelling mistakes. Can I do this? --Agusbou2015 (discuss • contribs) 17:12, 10 February 2018 (UTC)
- @Agusbou2015: No problem. We use review mostly to be sure edits made are not vandalism, and we trust you to make that judgement about your own edits. (Some projects do require independent review, so that usually a user shouldn't review their own edits, though even then really small stuff may be okay; but currently we don't use review that way on English Wikibooks.) --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 17:23, 10 February 2018 (UTC)
- I'm now focusing on review my own edits (mostly spelling mistakes fixed). Once I have finished, I will return to fix spelling mistakes on Wikibooks. --Agusbou2015 (discuss • contribs) 15:15, 11 February 2018 (UTC)