Wikibooks:Reading room/Administrative Assistance
|General | Proposals | Projects | Featured books||General | Technical | Administrative||Deletion | Undeletion | Import | Permissions|
|To request a rename or usurpation, go to the global request page at Meta here.
Please do not post those requests here!
Welcome to the Administrative Assistance reading room. You can request assistance from administrators for handling a variety of problems here and alert them about problems which may require special actions not normally used during regular content editing. Please be patient as administrators are often quite busy with either their own projects or trying to perform general maintenance and cleanup.
You can deal with most vandalism yourself: fix it, then warn the user. If there is repeated vandalism by one user, lots of vandalism on a single page, or vandalism from many users, tell an admin here, or in #wikibooks (say
!admin to get attention).
For more general questions and assistance that doesn't require an administrator, please use the Assistance Reading Room.
Can a few of the admins here be a bit more active?
Request for deletion needs to be closed?
Please help me move content in Wikibook "Sensory Systems"
I am blacklisted.
[Global proposal] m.Wikibooks.org: (all) Edit pages
Hi, this message is to let you know that, on domains like en.m.wikipedia.org, unregistered users cannot edit. At the Wikimedia Forum, where global configuration changes are normally discussed, a few dozens users propose to restore normal editing permissions on all mobile sites. Please read and comment!
Sorry for writing in English but I thought as administrators you would be interested. Thanks, Nemo 22:26, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Strongly Oppose Spam and Vandalism are bound to increase. Not to forget all the Selfies; rattled edits and pics. 
- Sorry Nemo to mention it here, but the fact apart from what I mentioned in the poll, is this will increase pressure which already prevails on reviewers and admins, bureaus, autos. Further it will give chance to the current vandals to mortify what and how they feel like. Basically ENJOY :( ... Vishal Bakhai - Works 00:31, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
What are we suppose to do with the images/pages here?
- I think yes , as long as it is within the Commons rules.--Leaderboard (discuss • contribs) 17:29, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
- Leaderboard is correct - the critical issue is that they meet the Commons rules. Therefore, you cannot upload anything to Commons that is Fair Use (it will be tagged here as Fair Use). I suggest you use the Commons Helper here which takes across all the attribution, etc., correctly. QuiteUnusual (discuss • contribs) 10:28, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
What's up with 'Polish text' spammers?
I've seen a spate of new page spams created by new users. What's common with most of them is that the spam text are all in Polish itself. This could point to a group of IP users spamming. Could someone look out to this? --Leaderboard (discuss • contribs) 14:01, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
- Unfortunately they are using unrelated IP addresses, so a range block won't work. It also seems to be isolated to us (i.e., it isn't a cross wiki issue) which is unusual. Anyway, blocking each address / deleting the spam seems to be the only viable option at the moment. QuiteUnusual (discuss • contribs) 14:46, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
Add Wikijunior:Europe to Template:Featured Wikijunior book/List
I closed Wikijunior:Europe's featured book nomination as successful (which I hope I'm allowed to do as a none admin; couldn't find any policy on that.) It needs to be added to Template:Featured Wikijunior book/List, which is protected. Liam987 talk 00:37, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
Newer editor to Wikibooks but active contributor to Wikipedia
I've been editing articles related to the female reproductive tract and related topics on wikipedia and believe I have a lot to offer to help wikibooks. I am having trouble with permissions in my editing here on wikibooks and wonder what has to happen to allow me to make edits to the books here.
01:45, 29 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Bfpage: You're not a reviewer here yet, but that shouldn't be a significant problem for you. Your edits to Wikijunior aren't visible by default until sighted by a reviewer, is all. We have autopromotion criteria for reviewers, chosen so that users get promoted once they're somewhat acclimated to Wikibooks. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 03:11, 29 April 2015 (UTC)