|Whiteknight||Discussion||Book Foundry||All Books||New Book Guide||Book Creator||Images||About Me|
This is a planning page for my script that reads the hit counter and posts results.
- The month of the entry
- Total Hits
- The total number of page hits counted by wikicharts since the counter was activated on October 5th 2007. Notice that these numbers are not accurate prior to January 3rd, 2008.
- the threshold necessary for a book to appear on this list. This is computed statistically.
- Books Listed
- The number of books above the threshold. Capped at 50.
- The time of day posted, EST.
Books are listed by the total number of page hits. The top 10 books are bolded. Per-book page hit data are proportional but inaccurate before January 3rd 2008. Page hits are counted continuously from October 5 2007. To get per-day hit counts, subtract the page hits from the number for the previous day. At the moment, this subtraction is not performed manually.
Script is up and running, regular updates. Script is set to automatically update the ticker every night at 9pm EST.
There are a number of different components that i'm working on right now.
I use various templates with the counter ticker. more details about them to come.
This script is written in perl. It queries the hit counter every day at 9PM EST and posts the results onto wikibooks.
Once you do, you should be able to see a graph here:
This is tested to not work in IE6 and IE7. IE does not support the <canvas> tag, which is required for this to work. Works in Safari and FF2. I may try to come up with an alternate method for use in IE, but I make no promises about this.
- Possibly use subst on templates.
- Possibly allow other counts to be graphed, possibly by searching archives.
- Set hard limit for number of records to post, such as 50.