|Whiteknight||Discussion||Book Foundry||All Books||New Book Guide||Book Creator||Images||About Me|
Script[edit | edit source]
This is a planning page for my script that reads the hit counter and posts results.
Data[edit | edit source]
- The month of the entry
- Total Hits
- The total number of page hits counted by wikicharts since the counter was activated on October 5th 2007. Notice that these numbers are not accurate prior to January 3rd, 2008.
- the threshold necessary for a book to appear on this list. This is computed statistically.
- Books Listed
- The number of books above the threshold. Capped at 50.
- The time of day posted, EST.
Books are listed by the total number of page hits. The top 10 books are bolded. Per-book page hit data are proportional but inaccurate before January 3rd 2008. Page hits are counted continuously from October 5 2007. To get per-day hit counts, subtract the page hits from the number for the previous day. At the moment, this subtraction is not performed manually.
Current Status[edit | edit source]
Script is up and running, regular updates. Script is set to automatically update the ticker every night at 9pm EST.
Components[edit | edit source]
There are a number of different components that i'm working on right now.
Templates[edit | edit source]
I use various templates with the counter ticker. more details about them to come.
Uploader[edit | edit source]
This script is written in perl. It queries the hit counter every day at 9PM EST and posts the results onto wikibooks.
Graphs[edit | edit source]
Once you do, you should be able to see a graph here:
This is tested to not work in IE6 and IE7. IE does not support the <canvas> tag, which is required for this to work. Works in Safari and FF2. I may try to come up with an alternate method for use in IE, but I make no promises about this.
To Do[edit | edit source]
- Possibly use subst on templates.
- Possibly allow other counts to be graphed, possibly by searching archives.
- Set hard limit for number of records to post, such as 50.