Sport Innovation/GPS Tracking/Catapult Sports
Catapult Sports[edit | edit source]
Another market leader in the GPS tracking technology for player worth mentioning is Catapult Sports. Catapult Sports’ staff have more than nine years experience working with many of the world’s elite sporting organisations and has developed an extensive intellectual property portfolio of platform technologies with applications down to the consumer level. Catapult Sports innovation attracted several leading football clubs around the world with the minimax product. Catapult Sports’ customer base includes Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn Rovers and Westham in the United Kingdom; but also national teams like the Australian Socceroos. Its range of products is proven in some of the roughest and demanding environments such as football.
Product range offered by Catapult Sports: [edit | edit source]
- Minimax – this device is the next generation in athlete performance monitoring solutions. It can records all the important metrics for analysis of athlete performance GPS, accelerometer, ball tracking and more in over 25 sports.
- Nanotrak – Catapult’s smallest athlete tracking product in a waterproof package in a compact size and robust package, the nanotrack offers users tri-axial accelerometers, gyroscopes and magnetometers for placement and data collection at any point on the body.
- LoganPlus - a leading research software package that gathers data from the minimax and nanotrack system and converts it into information that coaching staff can use to improve player and team performance. Enables user to do everything from video sync to real-time player monitoring and advance feature recognition.
- Catapult Live - Catapult Live is a web-based athlete database product. Develop real insight into what drives performance of your team through longitudinal analysis, data mining… Combines with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that allows coaching staff to view summary reports and graphs of their players’ performance.
- Coach view – device basically equivalent to GPSports’ SPI Touch allow coaching staff to view critical performance KPIs in real-time on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Moss – miniature optical sensor product for detection of chemical warfare agents.
Catapult Sports’ mission for the future is to continue as the thought leaders in this rapidly expanding space and they believe they have many new exciting innovations in their pipelines. They are actively interested in new licensing and partnership opportunities.