Chapter 4 - Continuous Random Variables and Probability Distributions
Given the density function
- Part a. Find
- Part d. For , compute
Let be a probability density function.
- Part a. graph
Let have the Rayleigh distribution with the probability density function
Verify that is a pdf.
- First notice that for all
- Next show the integral over the whole number line equals one:
- Part b. Let .
- Probability is at most 200
- Probability is less than 200
- Probability is at least 200
- The probability is between 100 and 200 assuming .
- Give an expression for , i.e., define the cumulative distribution function.