Scribbling On Regardless/Making a sketchbook
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The first project we're making is a sketchbook, for you to fill with drawings, paintings & sketches!
Materials you'll need for the sketchbook
- A4 paper (10 sheets)
- A4 card (1 sheet)
- Paperclip or thumbtack
Watch our video for a step-by-step guide
- Neatly assemble your 10 sheets of A4 paper on top of the sheet of cardboard, and then carefully fold in half to create an A5 size.
- Cut along the fold.
- Using a pen or pencil mark a dot roughly an inch in from the short edge, and roughly the same from the long edge, at both sides.
- Using a thumbtack (or something similar) carefully press through the dots marked to make a hole. NOTE: if you have two thumbtacks, leave them stuck through the paper until the next step - it makes things a bit easier!
- Straighten out the paper clips and feed them through the holes until they are half way through.
- Bend both ends out over the edge of the paper, and twist them together. Bend the excess back onto your card to keep it out of the way.
- Ta-da! You now have a simple sketchbook. Why not decorate the cover as your first project?