From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This textbook supports the IB Psychology Standard Level curriculum.
Table of Contents
The Learning Perspective
- Learning Influenced by the environment
- Learning influenced by cognitive functions
- Learning influenced by biology
- Learning influenced by cognition and modeling (Social Learning Theory and Bandura)
The Biological Perspective
- How biological processes impacting psychological factors are researched
- The interplay of inherited biological factors (genetics) and acquired biological factors (how experience changes the brain) with culture and life style issues in producing behavior
- How the brain works, including brain anatomy, neuronal communication, neurotransmitters, the endocrine system, bodily rhythms, brain specialization and integration.