RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home/RAC Attack 12c/Create Second VirtualBox VM
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Create Cluster (e)
Prev: Install Linux
Create Cluster (e)
- Create Virtualbox Shared Storage
- Configure Storage Persistent Naming
- Clone VirtualBox VM
- Create Second VirtualBox VM
- Configure Second Linux VM
- Complete DNS Setup
- VNC Server Setup
- In VirtualBox, click New icon in the upper left corner to create the new VM.
- Type in collabn2 for the Name of the VM. Choose Linux for the Type and Oracle (64 bit) for the Version and click Next.
- Type 3072 in the Size field and click Next. If you only have 8GB total ram, decrease this to 2510, otherwise your laptop may slow down
- Select Use an existing virtual hard drive file and use the folder icon to locate the file collabn2.vdi previously created. Click Create to complete the creation of the second VM.
- There are now two virtual machines; collabn2 being a clone of collabn1. From the main screen, select the virtual machine collabn2 and click the Settings icon in the upper left hand corner.
- Open the USB sub-menu. Uncheck the Enable USB Controller check box.
- Open the Network sub-menu. Under the Adapter 1 tab, change the Attached to: dropdown to Host-only Adapter.
- Choose the Adapter 2 tab. Check the box for Enable Network Adapter. Change the Attached to: dropdown to Internal Network and type the name rac-priv in the Name field.
- Choose the Adapter 3 tab. Check the box for Enable Network Adapter. Change the Attached to: dropdown to NAT.
- Select the Shared Folders tab. Click Add Shared Folder. Enter the path where you've downloaded the Oracle installation media and enter a name for your folder. Check Auto-mount and click OK.
- Open the Storage sub-menu. Click on Controller SATA and then on Add Disk:
- Click on Choose existing disk:
- Select the disk asm1.vdi and click Open.
- Repeat the operation to add all remaining asm disks.
- Click on Ok to save the modifications.
- Review the summary of the new virtual machine.
- Start the collabn2 VM.