RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home/RAC Attack 12c/ASM Configuration
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Prev: Create ClusterInstall Grid Infrastructure (e)
- Prepare for GI install
- Install Grid Infrastructure
- Check Cluster Status After GI Install
- ASM Configuration
- From a VNC session, run the ASM Configuration Assistant: [oracle@collabn1 ~] . oraenv ORACLE_SID = [oracle] ? +ASM1 The Oracle base has been set to /u01/app/oracle [oracle@collabn1 ~]$ asmca
- The asmca opens on the Disk Groups tab, showing the DATA diskgroup created by the installer. Click on Create.
- Enter FRA as the disk group name. Choose external (none) redundancy. Check one disk to create a 5Gb diskgroup. Click OK.
- The diskgroup is being created.
- The diskgroup is created.
- Click on the Volumes tab, then on Create.
- The volume is created.
- Select the ASM Cluster File Systems tab. Click Create.
- Select Cluster File System. Mountpoint: /shared Check Automount. User Name: oracle Group Name: dba Volume: SHARED Click OK.
- To complete the filesystem creation, run this script as root. [root@collabn1 ~]# /u01/app/oracle/cfgtoollogs/asmca/scripts/acfs_script.sh ACFS file system /shared is mounted on nodes collabn1 ACFS file system /shared is mounted on nodes collabn2
- Finally, the filesystem is mounted on both nodes. [root@collabn1 ~]# df -k Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_collabn1-lv_root 27407400 8778184 17236988 34% / tmpfs 1544640 653576 891064 43% /dev/shm /dev/sda1 495844 55641 414603 12% /boot 12cR1 976728060 863308972 113419088 89% /media/sf_12cR1 /dev/asm/shared-336 1048576 80176 968400 8% /shared [root@collabn2 ~]# df -k Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_collabn1-lv_root 27407400 8883544 17131628 35% / tmpfs 1544640 653576 891064 43% /dev/shm /dev/sda1 495844 55641 414603 12% /boot /dev/asm/shared-336 1048576 80176 968400 8% /shared
|You may face an error message at this stage. This is related to the fact that you user newer version of Linux kernel that is not comparable with ACFS. At this stage a feasible solution is to ignore the error and do not implement the ACFS (skip next steps). You may want to come back to ACFS implementation later on.|
Enter SHARED as the volume name.
Choose the diskgroup DATA.
The size will be irrelevant in our labs, so enter 1.