RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home/Install VMware Server
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hardware and Windows Preparation (e)
- Hardware and Windows Minimum Requirements
- Install VMware Server
- Setup Virtual Networks
- Setup Virtual Storage
- Download Oracle Enterprise Linux
Next: Linux Install
- These labs have been tested with version 2.0.1 of VMware Server. Go to the VMware Server website at http://www.vmware.com/go/getserver
Register for an account if you don't have one already.
- Write down your license number.
- If you are at home, then download VMware Server. If you are at a RAC Attack event then the instructor-provided Jumpstart Drive contains a copy of VMware Server, so that you don't need to download it. (However you still need a license number from the VMware website.)
These labs have been tested with version 2.0.1 of VMware Server.
- Run the VMware Installer
Accept the license agreement and all default options during the installation process.
- Enter your license information, which is visible at the VMware website on the same page where you downloaded the software.
- Reboot your computer if you are asked by the VMware installer.