This book currently consists of a proposal for a collaboratively-authored, open-licensed tertiary-level introduction to the field of outdoor education. If you want to join in, great - Be bold! See also outdoor education (Wikipedia) and outdoor education (Wikiversity).
Table of contents
- Definition and scope
- Around the world
- Experiential learning
- Groups and leadership
- Facilitation techniques
- Risk and safety
How to help
- Create a user account (top right).
- Be bold and start fleshing out possible content on the book's main page, or create sub-pages for specific content.
- Add any discussion, ideas, questions, etc. to the book's discussion page (by editing it - top middle)
- If you want to learn wiki then try help.
- If you are teaching an outdoor education unit to trainees, this book could really do with some student-authored content being posted here! Contact Jtneill if you want a hand to set up such a learning/assessment exercise.
- Related books
Knapp,C.E.(2005).The "I-thou" relationship, place-based education, and aldo leopold. Journal of experiential education, 27(3), p.277~285.