Organic Chemistry/Introduction to reactions/Reactions with organometallic reagents
| This page or section is an undeveloped draft or outline.
You can help to develop the work, or you can ask for assistance in the project room.
Organometallic compounds are organic substances which contain bonds between carbon to metallic elements. Common metals found in organometallic compounds are Na, K, Li, Mg, and B.
Formation of organometalic reagents: R-X + 2M -> R-M +MX
- Organolithium, organosodium and organopotassium
- Organo-magnesium: Grignard reagents RMgX
- Transition-metal organometallics
- organo-molybdenum and tungsten: metathesis catalysts
- organo-titanium: Tebbe's reagent
- organo-iron: Collman's reagent
(This is obviously in very early draft form...)