From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- Defines a list of points to make in to primitives.
- The type of primitive is passed when you call it.
Allowed Primitive Types
- Each vertex is a single point
- Must be a multiple of 2
- Each pair of vertices is a independent line segment.
- Draws a connected group of line segments from the first vertex to the last. After the first Vertices each additonal Vertices draws a new line.
- Draws a connected group of line segments from the first vertex to the last. The last line is defined by the first and last vertex makeing a closed loop.
- Each triplet of vertices as an independent triangle.
- Must be a multiple of 3
- Draws a connected group of triangles. After the first 2 vertices each additonal point defines a new triangle. The triangle is made up of the last 2 and the newist vertex moving down the list.
- Draws a connected group of triangles. After the first 2 vertices each additonal point defines a new triangle. The triangle is made up of the first the last and the newist vertex moving down the list.
- Each group of four vertices as an independent quadriliteral.
- Must be a multiple of 4
- Draws a connected group of quadriliterals. After the first 2 Vertices each additonal pair Vertices makes a new quadriliteral.
- Must be a multiple of 2 after the first 2 Vertices.
- Draws a single polygon. same as GL_LINE_STRIP
- Must have 3 or more Vertices.
Functions allowed inside a glBegin glEnd section