OC Photography Program
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- About the OC Photography Program
- The Open Content Photography Program is being built to help people to learn professional photography. It is not a book about photography, it's a book about learning photography on your own.
- Art History for Photographers
- For photographers art history is very important to keep an open mind, and to know the evolution of other arts that can be considered "The fathers of photography".
- Photography History
- By studying "the masters" we can learn a lot about photography. Each of them has it's importance for the photography student.
- Traditional Photography Techniques
- Traditional and digital photography techniques have a lot in common. Whatever tools you use, it's important to understand traditional photography techniques.
- The Light
- Photographia, in Greek, literally means "writing of light". Understanding, and sometimes controlling light is a very important task for photographers.
- Traditional Darkroom
- For a professional photographer does a traditional darkroom makes sense? It is an excellent way to learn photography. Besides in some art galleries they still prefer Traditional photography.
- Digital Photography
- In commercial photography, personal photography and fine art digital photography brought new possibilities.
- Digital Cameras
- Choosing a digital camera may be a difficult task, some websites can help a little, but your choice must be made based on the use you are going to give to the camera.
- Digital Darkroom
- The digital darkroom is what is usually calked to image manipulation on the computer. Today photographers must know how to work their images on the computer.
- Commercial Practices
- The difference between being a good photographer and a good professional photographer is not technical but commercial.