OC Photography Program
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- About the OC Photography Program
- The Open Content Photography Program is being built to help people to learn professional photography. It is not a book about photography, it's a book about learning photography on your own.
- Art History for Photographers
- For photographers art history is very important to keep an open mind, and to know the evolution of other arts that can be considered forerunners of photography.
- Photography History
- By studying the masters we can learn a lot about photography. Each of them has important lessons to teach the photography student.
- Fundamentals of Photographic Technique
- Traditional and digital photography techniques have a lot in common. Whatever tools you use, it's important to understand the fundamental techniques of the medium.
- The Light
- Photographia, in Greek, literally means "writing of light". Understanding, and sometimes controlling light is a very important task for photographers.
- Traditional Darkroom
- Does a traditional darkroom make sense in a digital age? It is an excellent way to learn photography. Also, traditionally produced images still carry a cachet for some galleries and collectors.
- Digital Photography
- In commercial photography, personal photography and fine art, digital photography brought new possibilities.
- Digital Cameras
- Choosing a digital camera can be a difficult task, so knowing the particular uses to which it is to be put is important.
- Digital Darkroom
- The "digital darkroom" is what photographers call the computer software they use to process images. Knowing how to use digital tools is essential for a practicing photographer today.
- Commercial Practices
- The difference between being a good photographer and a good professional photographer is not technical but commercial.