Newmarket Hill - A Sussex Downland History
This book is at a very early stage of development. It started as a history of a remote farm labourer's cottage on the South Downs between Lewes and Brighton. However it was soon discovered that the subject could easily be extended to enable an insight into the wider history of the Sussex Downs as a whole, and so be suitable for publication as a Wikibook.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Stone age hunter gatherers
- The first farmers - Neolithic to Saxon
- Medieval - shepherds and rabbits
- Conflict and change - 18th to early 19th century
- Newmarket Farm - 19th century
- Newmarket Farm - 20th century
- Newmarket Hill - post WW2 to present
Note to editors[edit | edit source]
Please look at the talk page before editing this book. The editors of this book have come up with guidelines to follow when editing this book, and a list of things that it is wished to be done.