Lucid Dreaming/Further Reading
Jump to navigation Jump to search
On the web
- Lucid Scribe Database — an online sleep and consciousness research database documenting the effects of lucidity on dreams.
- Lucid Dreaming FAQ — Frequently Asked Questions (Updated 2009)
- Lucidipedia.com Learn lucid dreaming (video tutorials), keep online dream journal and active community.
- bird's lucid dreaming website has sample material from the webmaster's 200 page ebook, "The Ultimate Lucid Dreaming Manual: Basics And Beyond".
- Here Be Dreams has general information on dreams, including lucid dreaming, but also covering melatonin, sleepwalking, sleep apnea, and jet lag, among other topics.
- LucidWiki is a wiki dedicated to dreaming, which anyone can edit or add to.
- Lucid Dreams at DMOZ
- Explorers of the Lucid Dream World A Documentary DVD on lucid dreaming includes interviews with world renown dream researchers.
- Lucid dreaming at the Skeptic's Dictionary A skeptic's view of lucid dreaming.
- The Inception of Conscious and Lucid Dreams A Google Book reprint of an early book on lucid dreams.
- Learn Lucid dreaming: A Step by Step Approach A step by step guide on the various methods of inducing lucid dreams.
- The Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda ISBN 006092554X
- Like the skins of an onion, there are other worlds existing within our own and, through training and study, we can alter our consciousness and visit these amazing places. The greatest student of traveling through those spiritual universes is anthropologist Carlos Castaneda. Via the teachings of the great sorcerer don Juan, he has taken millions of readers on amazing journeys of the soul with such books as The Teachings of Don Juan, A Separate Reality, and Journey to Ixtlan. After six years of study and meditation, Carlos has now written what may be his most significant book of all, The Art of Dreaming - a book that fully explores how those on a spiritual quest can use "the fourth gate" of dreams as a two-way hatch to other worlds. With The Art of Dreaming, you will learn, as Carlos did, how finding the way to alternate realities through the consciousness of dreams is the essence of the great sorcerers; how ancient, remarkable, and sometimes dangerous beings now live among us; and how don Juan's training allows two or more people to dream and explore together. You will witness an adventure of the psyche unlike any other you've ever experienced, and you will participate fully in Castaneda's latest discoveries and explorations - discoveries and explorations that are as eye-opening and thrilling as anything he's ever written about before. Most of all, however, you will be utterly captivated by the story of this man's remarkable life and journeys of the soul; journeys that could only come from the teachings of don Juan, and the writings of Carlos Castaneda.
- The Conscious Exploration of Dreaming: Discovering How We Create and Control Our Dreams by Janice E. Brooks and Jay A. Vogelsong ISBN 1585005398
- This book is the summary of the experiences of some experienced lucid dreamers. It's not written from the same viewpoint as many of the more mystical books on the subject, which is both interesting, as they report on their experiences in detail without trying to influence you, and discouraging, in that they do not believe it is equally easy or possible for everyone to dream lucidly.
- "Creative Dreaming" by Patricia L. Garfield, Ph.D., ISBN 0-345-33144-3
- Includes chapters on Senoi Dreamers, Yogi Dreamers, as well as Lucid Dreamers.
- Dreaming Reality by Joe Griffin and Ivan Tyrrell ISBN 1-89-939836-8
- A rewritten, simplified version of The Origin of Dreams incorporating further recent supporting studies and simplified for a wider audience.
- Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge ISBN 0-34-537410-X
- One of the best known books about lucid dreaming. Includes techniques for lucid dream induction. Not really a "scientific study", more of a how-to/self-help book with some theory about lucid dreaming. For scientific publications by LaBerge, see for example Sleep and Cognition.
- Lucid Dreaming: A Concise Guide to Awakening in Your Dreams and in Your Life by Stephen LaBerge ISBN 1-59-179150-2
- Dr. Stephen LaBerge draws on recently developed techniques that teach you to be aware of what you are dreaming, and ultimately control and manipulate the outcome of your dreams, in order to: overcome long-term, deep-seated fears, anxieties, and phobias; harness the healing power of your unconscious, awaken creativity, and more.
- Lucid Dreams in 30 Days: The Creative Sleep Program by Keith Harary and Pamela Weintraub ISBN 0-31-219988-0
- Harary and Weintraub explore the mysteries of our sleeping selves and show readers how to not only understand but also control their dreams in this fascinating creative sleep program.
- The Origin of Dreams by Joseph Griffin ISBN 1-89-939830-9
- A recent theory about why we dream and what dreams mean. Includes in-depth information about the biology of dreams. Only briefly mentions lucid dreaming.
- "Dream yoga and the Practice of Natural Light" By Chogyal Namkhai Norbu editor Michael Katz ISBN 1-55939-161-8.
- An extremely influential presentation of Tibetan Buddhist techniques for developing awareness within the dream state and their relationship to the experience of death and dying. Available in more than 20 languages.
- The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche ISBN 1559391014
- A presentation of meditation practices which promote conscious dream and sleep experiences that can lead to liberation.