Java Persistence/What is new in JPA 2.0?
The JPA 2.0 specification adds several enhancements to the JPA 1.0 specification including:
- Extended Map support - Support for maintaining a key column for a
Entitykey value in any collection relationship using a
- Derived Identifiers
- Nested embedding
- New collection mappings - Support for collections of
- Undirectional OneToMany
- Ordered List mappings - Support for maintaining an index column in any collection relationship using a
- Orphan removal - Automatic deletion of objects removed from relationships.
- Pessimistic Locking
- EntityManager API updates
- Cache APIs
- Standard Properties
- Criteria API
- JPQL enhancements