Introductory Agrometeorology/Micro-climate Modification
- Objectives of the chapter
- To understand
- importance and significance of microclimate modifications in agriculture
- wind modifications and shelter belts
Micro climatic modification
- Artificial control of field environment to keep the optimum condition of plant growth and crop production - A practice of environmental control requires a complete knowledge of physiology of plants and physical environment.
it is be done through:
- Controlling wind velocity
- Controlling heat load
- Controlling water balance.