International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Reunion
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reunion[edit | edit source]
- This island in the Indian Ocean is an overseas department or region of France with full political integration into the mother country.
- The first meter stamps appeared in 1952 and were identical to French stamps of the time except for the inclusion of “C F A” (Colonie Francaise Afrique) in the frank. In the 1970s stamps without “C F A” began to be used. These stamps are identical to those of continental France and differ only in the contents of the town mark.
- Listed below are stamps with C F A or C.F.A. in the frank. For stamps without C F A see FRANCE/Annex.
- As France Type AA6 but with wide C F A above the meter number at bottom.
- “POSTES” on same line as meter number.
- M# with SC” prefix.
- Month in date is Roman numeral.
- TM: SL
- V/F: 000F
- a. Month in date is 3-letter abbreviation.
2. Satas “R” (MV), 1961.
- As Type 1 but with circular town mark (France type AB2K).
- M# with “SR” or “SRW” prefix.
- Date figures short.
- V/F: 000
- As Type 2 but M# with “SJ” prefix (France type AB2E).
- Small C F A 10 mm wide.
- Date figures tall
- TM: SC
- V/F: 00