International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Mayotte
- Previously administered as part of the French territory of Comoros, in 1975 it separated from Comoros and remained under French control when Comoros gained its independence. Although the United Nations in 1979 declared Mayotte to be under Comoros sovereignty, in all practical terms the island remained a French possession and in fact became a fully integrated department (province) of France in 2001. For stamps used in Mayotte before 1975, see COMOROS.
- Only one stamp type has been found that has “MAYOTTE” in the frank. All other stamps used since 1975 have frank dies indistinguishable from those of France. See France: Annex for these issues.
- Small upright frank with “MAYOTTE” at top.
- Date figures tall with hour figure between the town mark and frank.
- Meters “SP 1890” and “SP 1981” known.
- TM: SC
- V/F: ★000