Interlingual Energizers/It itches here
|space||free space, outdoors or indoors|
|time||depending on the size of the group, 5-8 min|
|getting to know each other, breaking the ice|
The introduction is also available in 1 other languages: Deutsch
Let's start with introducing our selfs. I think it's always hard to remember a lot of names at once. In order to remember as many names as possible we're going to connect every name with a movement.
Stellen wir uns ein bisschen vor. Ich finde es immer schwierig, mir viele Namen auf einmal zu merken. Damit es ein bisschen einfacher ist, verbinden wir jeden Namen mit einer Bewegung.
The rules is also available in 1 other languages: Deutsch
- I say my name in the following way: "My name is Paul and it itches here" (I start to have a scratch at a certain part of my body.)
- Now the person next to me says her/his name in the same way: "My name is … and it itches here", but before you repeat what I did before.
- In this way it gets longer and longer. Let's see if we manage to remember all names and itches at the end.
End of the Game
The end of the game is also available in 1 other languages: Deutsch
- I'll try to repeat all the names.
- Who else wants to try to repeat them?
- Another version of this game which focuses more on pantomime and theatre is called I like to dance.