New features include:
- Five Apple-designed iMovie "Themes". Designed for ease of use, the user can easily drop movie clips or photos into preset themes to give the project a professional look. Each theme includes full motion-graphic bumpers and transitions.
- Real-time effects. There is no longer the need to wait for rendering because iMovie takes advantage of the user's graphic processing unit in their computer.
- Cinematic real-time titling
- Enhanced Audio tools and effects
- Multiple open projects
- Video Podcasts and blogs (using integration with iWeb)
- Refined look based on iTunes 5 and 6.
- The iMovie HD Interface
- Learn how to get around iMovie.
- About Projects
- Saving, types of projects, and project setup.
- Importing from a Camcorder
- Getting your footage into iMovie.
- Importing from a File
- Using pre-imported media.
- Importing with the Media Browser
- Understanding the new Media Browser.
- Using Magic iMovie
- How to use the Magic iMovie tool.
- Cutting and Arranging Clips
- The basics of editing.
- Working with Media
- Using photos, music, and more.
- Working with Themes
- Adding themes to your movie.
- The Editing Panel
- How to use the Editing panel.
- Adding Chapters
- Adding chapters to your movie for use on DVDs.
- Exporting as a Movie
- Exporting to Quicktime, Mail, iWeb, iPod, Video Camera, or Bluetooth.
- Exporting to iDVD
- Exporting to iDVD to create a DVD.
- Exporting to Garageband
- Exporting to Garageband for scoring.