How to use a Motorola DVR/Online help
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|How to use a Motorola DVR
Identify | Connections | Setup | i-Guide | MSTV | Passport | Tivo | FireWire | Remote | Firmware/Software | Configuration | Bugs | Boot Errors | VOD Errors | Resets | Help
Official Motorola Pages
User manual and specs can be accessed from the pages listed below, under "Resources Spotlight".
HOWTO / Informational Guides
- CJH Engineering's DCT6412 pages Describes undocumented features of the remote control
- HowTO record via 1394/Firewire to WindowsXP A guide to transfer recorded or live programs from the STB to a PC
- DCT6412 Firewire capture and HD/SD to DVD guide A more polished guide on transferring programs to a PC, based on the AVS forum thread
- macteens article: Make your own Home Theatre Mac (HTMac) An article covering the transfer of programs to a Mac
Online Discussion Forums
Note: A wealth of information is often first reported to the AVS Forums
- Official Comcast 6412 w/ iGuide Discussion at AVS Forums The premier source for information on the 6412
- Washington State - Comcast 6412 w/ MSFT Software at AVS Forums 6412 discussion specific to the MSTV Foundation Edition IPG
- Official Comcast 3412 & 3416 STB Discussion at AVS Forums The premier source for information on the (largely similar) successor models
- www.dvrchatter.com Rich in information, DVRChatter is straight to the point, with no meandering threads.
- Digital Home Canada Digital Home Canada's digital cable forums for Shaw, Rogers Atlantic, and Cogeco offer a great resource of information about the Motorola DVR. Also, a host of other wired home subjects are talked about on this site. The technical information is applicable whether you are Canadian or American.