Thymus 'Spicy Orange'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thymus 'Spicy Orange' Thymus 'Spicy Orange'
|'Spicy Orange' Thyme|
|Light requirements:||full sun to light shade|
'Spicy Orange' is a hybrid cultivar of Thymus grown for its strong flavor and sweet, citrus-like scent.
Description[edit | edit source]
'Spicy Orange' is a low, spreading thyme with sharp awn-shaped leaves and pale purple flowers.
Growing Conditions[edit | edit source]
As with most thymes, good drainage is essential, otherwise not picky about soils.
Uses[edit | edit source]
A very strong flavored herb when used fresh. Also grown as a scented ground cover, and tolerates some foot traffic.
Maintenance[edit | edit source]
Propagation[edit | edit source]
Propagate by cuttings or division.
Harvest[edit | edit source]
Best used as a fresh herb. Cut growing tips 1-2" long, cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
Pests and Diseases[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Wikiversity is collecting bloom time data for Thymus 'Spicy Orange' on the Bloom Clock|
- Book:Horticulture/Finder/Types/Ground Covers, Herbaceous
- Book:Horticulture/Finder/Conditions/Part Shade
- Book:Horticulture/Finder/Conditions/Full Sun
- Book:Horticulture/Finder/Conditions/Drought Tolerant
- Book:Horticulture/Finder/Special/Quality Nectar Source
- Book:Horticulture/Finder/Types/Herbs, Culinary
- Book:Horticulture/Finder/Resistance/Pests and Diseases