Handbook of Management Scales/Information technology experience
Information technology experience (composite reliability = 0.85; average variance extracted = 0.56)[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
The authors report a two-stage approach for the development and validation of new multi-item measurement scales reflecting a multidimensional construct called new service development competence. It is operationalized as a multidimensional construct reflected by five complementary dimensions: new service development process focus, market acuity, new service development strategy, new service development culture, and information technology experience.
Definition[edit | edit source]
New service development competence reflects an organization’s expertise in deploying resources and routines, usually in combination, to achieve a desired new service outcome. Information technology experience refers to the use of information technology for facilitating or improving interorganizational coordination of activities and information processing in the new service development process.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Information technologies are used to speed up the introduction of new services and products. (0.471)
- IT is used to identify and diagnose customer needs. (0.635)
- IT is used to share information that coordinates new service/product development activities. (0.858)
- Communication flow within the new service development project groups is facilitated through IT-based channels. (0.911)
- Our service firm utilizes technology to facilitate the flow of information to people participating in the new service development process. (0.819)
Source[edit | edit source]
- Menor/Roth (2007): New service development competence in retail banking: Construct development and measurement validation. Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 825-846.
Comments[edit | edit source]
Much efforts have been made by the authors in order to ensure that the new scales exhibit sufficient psychometric properties, which make them quite useful.