Guide to X11/Window Managers/dwm
Type: dynamic Language: C Licence: DWM
The dynamic window manager is minimalistic and has no dependencies other than xlib libraries.
Raising and lowering windows
Showing and hiding windows
Features of the dynamic window manager include:
- dynamic switching between stacking and tiling modes
- Window decorations include a single pixel borders which indicate focus
- Written in C
- Lightweight and uses the xlib library
- Windows can be grouped using tags
- Multiple desktop support
- Desktop bar provides status information and the facility to switch between desktops
In tiling mode windows are arranged as a master window with a column of other windows. Transient dialogue windows may use a stacking arrangement over the existing tiled layout.