Guide to X11
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikibooks Guide to X11
This book is about the X Window System, the environment popular with Unix systems.
- Introduction what is X11?
- Configuring making XF86Config or xorg.conf
- Building building X11 from its source tree
- Starting Sessions starting sessions and window managers
- Starting Programs opening clients
- Fonts core and Xft fonts
- Window Managers a long list
- Xt Clients about X resources and xterm
- Political History the rise of many X11 factions
- References and Links other Wikibooks
- Guide to Unix/Commands/X11 Unix commands for X11