Guide to Unix/BSD/External Links
Jump to navigation Jump to search
DragonFly BSD[edit | edit source]
- DragonFly BSD
- Extreme BSD Evolution, The Road to the Future goals
- Frequently Asked Questions
- DragonFly BSD wiki
FreeBSD[edit | edit source]
FreeBSD Documentation Project[edit | edit source]
This list is taken from http://www.freebsd.org/docs/books.html
- The FreeBSD FAQ (faq) "Frequently Asked Questions, and answers, covering all aspects of FreeBSD."
- The FreeBSD Handbook (handbook) "A constantly evolving, comprehensive resource for FreeBSD users."
- The FreeBSD Developer's Handbook (developers-handbook) "For people who want to develop software for FreeBSD (and not just people who are developing FreeBSD itself)."
- The FreeBSD Architecture Handbook (arch-handbook) "For FreeBSD system developers. This book covers the architectural details of many important FreeBSD kernel subsystems."
- The Porter's Handbook (porters-handbook) "Essential reading if you plan on providing a port of a third party piece of software."
- "Design Overview of 4.4BSD" The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating System (design-44bsd) "Donated by Addison-Wesley, provides a design overview of 4.4BSD, from which FreeBSD was originally derived."
- "Printserving" The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide (corp-net-guide) "Donated by Addison-Wesley, provides an in-depth look at using FreeBSD to provide printing services to Windows, NT, and Novell hosts."
- The FreeBSD Documentation Project Primer for New Contributors (fdp-primer) "Everything you need to know in order to start contributing to the FreeBSD Documentation Project."