Guide to Unix
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This is the Wikibooks Guide to Unix Computing, or for short, Guide to Unix. It describes Unix and Unix-like systems for users and system administrators. It includes guide to Unix commands.
- Command Line
- Common Programs
- Electronic Mail
- Beyond This Book
- Commands - commands listed conveniently in categories
- Environment Variables - USER, EDITOR, PATH...
- Files - configuration and device files of /etc/ and /dev
There are some other Wikibooks that one might find useful.
- A Neutral Look at Operating Systems - comparison between Unix, Unix, and non-Unix
- UNIX Computing Security - keep that computer safe
- Wikibooks for Unix utilities:
- Wikibooks for the graphical user interface and the GNOME and KDE desktops:
- Programming Wikibooks