Jump to navigation Jump to search
- a) Octane is the solute, for it is present in a smaller amount.
- b) Yes, benzene and octane will form a solution. They both are nonpolar compounds.
2. Use physical properties such as boiling point, melting point, solubility in water, etc. See Methods for Separating Mixtures for some ideas.
3. Liquids A & C are solutions. Liquid B is a pure substance.
- a) Bottle B. It has the lowest temperature, and gases (including the "fizz" of soda) dissolve best in cold liquids.
- b) Cool Bottle C to 10°C.