Jump to navigation Jump to search
Yogi tea is a spiced tea similar to chai. It is also the brand name of a line of herbal teas.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 15 whole cloves
- 20 black peppercorns
- 3 sticks of cinnamon
- 20 green cardamom pods (crushed or split)
- 8 or more 1/4" (0.75cm) slices of fresh ginger root
- 1/2 tsp black tea (decaf black tea is acceptable)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Bring 2 quarts (about 2L) of water to boil in 3-4 quart pot.
- Add cloves and boil for 1 minute.
- Add peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom pods and ginger.
- Cover and simmer gently for at least 30 minutes. (For best flavor, cover tightly and simmer over low heat for 2 to 3 hours!)
- Remove from heat and add tea.
- Let cool.
- Strain ingredients from the finished tea.
This tea can be stored.