Cookbook:Yellow Split Pea Soup
(Redirected from Cookbook:Yellow split pea soup)
|Yellow Split Pea Soup|
- 1 pound (½ kilogram) dry yellow split peas
- 2 chicken or beef bouillon cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 6 cups (1½ liters) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak split peas up to six hours in cold water if you wish. This is not necessary, but will shorten cooking time.
- Put all ingredients into a 6 or 8 quart stock pot or Dutch oven
- Bring to a boil, then simmer covered until peas are tender, 1-2 hours.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Watch water level and top up with hot water if necessary.
- Croutons are good on top!