Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- Before doing this recipe make sure you have lukewarm sterilized water.
- fill a whistling tea kettle with water
- boil until it whistles for one minute
- let cool overnight still in the kettle
- Mix 1/2 cup tea kettle water with 1/2 cup flour in a plastic bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a dish towel in a warm place (70s degrees f) and place in an open, clean spot on the counter to catch wild yeast floating in the air.
- re-do the tea kettle process for the next day (every single day in fact)
- day 2, add 1/2 cup flour to the mix and enough water to make it like a thick pancake batter. It should have had a few bubbles on the surface before you fed the mix.
- day 3, it should have a lot of bubbles all over coming up from deep inside. Feed it again with 1/2 cup flour and water from tea kettle.
- day 4+, start making bread with it and feed it again with flour and water.
- if you didn't have a lot of bubbles you may need to wait a few more days or start all over with a clean bowl.