Cookbook:Tuna Salad - 1940
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This classic Tuna Salad recipe is from the 1940's U.S.
- 1 can (9½ oz. or 6 oz.( ~270g to ~170g)) tuna
- ¼ apple, finely chopped
- ½ stalk celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (low fat can work.)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ chopped green onion or ½ tsp dried chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped (or two hard boiled egg whites and a bit of oil olive oil to make up the difference)
- ground black pepper to taste
- Drain and squeeze tuna dry, discarding liquid or reserving for some other use.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or more.
- Sprinkle with paprika and trim with lettuce, if desired.