From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Time||50 - 55 minutes|
A delicious square recipe with a tropical flavor.
- 1 cup (240g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup (60g) hard margarine (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups (480g) coconut
- 1 cup (240g) white sugar
- 1 tin crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 tablespoon hard margarine (melted)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Stir together flour, sugar and baking powder using wooden spoon.
- Cut in the margarine, until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg well. Mix into dry mixture using wooden spoon until combined.
- Press into lined and lightly greased square tray.
- Drain all of the juice out of the pineapple by wringing it with a cloth.
- Add and mix remaining ingredients with the pineapple using a wooden spoon. Do not over work.
- Spread evenly over base.
- Bake at 350°F (180c), or until topping is set and coconut is light brown.
- Let cool before removing from pan.