Cookbook:Thousand Island Dressing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Thousand Island Dressing|
|Category||Salad dressing recipes|
|Servings||6 (1/4 cup each)|
Thousand Island is a salad dressing commonly used with green salads. It can also be used as a sandwich spread, or many other uses.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
For 1½ cups:
- 1 cup (235 ml) mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (60 ml) ketchup
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) finely-minced onions
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 1 dash of pepper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and process till smooth. The goal is to have a pink smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and chill covered in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to use.
Notes, tips and variations[edit | edit source]
- Instead of using the blender, whisk the ingredients in a bowl.
Warnings[edit | edit source]
- Keep refrigerated.