Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a basic tartar sauce, suitable for fish and chips. The recipe is largely based on a trial and error recreation of the tartar sauce used at a local restaurant I frequent. It is not typical of most tartar sauces.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 10 ounces (280g) mayonnaise
- 2 1/4 ounces (65ml) ketchup
- 2 ounces (55ml) mustard
- 2 ounces (55ml) sweet pickle relish or finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- I suggest placing the mayonnaise in the mixing bowl first, and whipping it until it's smooth.
- Mix in the other ingredients
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- I've found that using pickle juice (and lowering the amount of relish) is often better. This is especially true if you plan on using this in a squeeze bottle (as the relish can block the opening if it's too thick/chunky).