Cookbook:Tamina (Algerian Semolina Honey Dessert)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Tamina (Algerian Semolina Honey Dessert)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 500 g semolina (medium-grind)
- 250 g melted butter
- 250 g honey
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water (mazhar)
- Ground cinnamon (for decoration)
- Dragées or almonds (for final decoration)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Toast the semolina in a frying pan or in a cast iron dish until it takes on a nice golden color. Remove from the heat, and let it completely cool down.
- Melt the butter and honey in a saucepan, and add orange blossom water.
- Gradually add the cooled semolina while mixing.
- Cook for 3–5 minutes while stirring to combine everything well.
- Pour the tamina on a plate without waiting too long, and even out the surface.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and garnish with almonds or dragées.
- Let cool and serve.