Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbs chili powder
- 3 tbs white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounce)
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- 3 cups water (room temperature)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat water until boiling, add cornstarch, salt, vinegar, chili powder, garlic, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir until water boils again, add rest of ingredients.
- Keep stirring until water boils again and the paste breaks up completely.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes uncovered.
Long term storage[edit | edit source]
- To store this for longer than 3 days or to store without a refrigerator, follow these instructions.
- Pour into 4 ounce mason jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Process 20 minutes in a boiling water canner. Makes 7 jars.
Short term storage[edit | edit source]
- Refrigerate at under 40 degrees f for no more than 3 days.