Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a fairly simple recipe for this sweet, chewy Mediterranean salad. Everyone who makes it has a different variation.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 1 bunch fresh parsley (preferably flat leaf), finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1 small chopped onion
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper, or to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place the bulgur in the lemon juice and set aside for 15 minutes.
- When the bulgur is soft, mix all the ingredients: bulgur, parsley, mint, tomato, onion. lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add olive oil last, and toss well. You may need to add lemon juice if needed.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
Tabouli is delicious when fresh. The flavor deteriorates if you allow it to sit for some time.