Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a fairly simple recipe for this sweet, chewy Mediterranean salad. Everyone who makes it has a different variation.
- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 1 bunch fresh parsley (preferably flat leaf), finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1 small chopped onion
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper, or to taste
- Place the bulgur in the lemon juice and set aside for 15 minutes.
- When the bulgur is soft, mix all the ingredients: bulgur, parsley, mint, tomato, onion. lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add olive oil last, and toss well. You may need to add lemon juice if needed.
Notes, tips, and variations
Tabouli is delicious when fresh. The flavor deteriorates if you allow it to sit for some time.