Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Middle Eastern cuisine | Vegan cuisine | Salad
This is a fairly simple recipe for tabbouleh, a sweet, chewy Mediterranean salad. Everyone who makes it has a different variation.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¼ cup bulgur
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch fresh parsley (preferably flat leaf), very finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1 small chopped onion
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper, or to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place the bulgur in the lemon juice and set aside for 15 minutes.
- When the bulgur is soft, mix all the ingredients together, adding the olive oil last.
- Toss well, and adjust the lemon juice as desired.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Tabouli is delicious when fresh. The flavor deteriorates if you allow it to sit for some time.