Cookbook:Stuffed French Toast
- 4 (2/3 in.) slices stale brioche bread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Spread cream cheese on half the bread. Press into sort of a sandwich and set aside.
- Combine egg, vanilla, cream, sugar, and salt in a pie pan. Add bread "sandwiches" to mixture and coat both sides.
- Melt 1 tbs butter in a small nonstick skillet heated between medium and medium high. Add 1 "sandwich" to pan and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan. Melt remaining butter and repeat. Serve immediately with maple syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.