|Strong Candied Sweet Potatoes|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Southern U.S. Cuisine
- 5 large sweet potatoes
- 2 1/4 cups of brown sugar
- 5 cloves
- Zest of an orange
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup of brandy
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- Sliced sweet potatoes and lay in a deep baking pan with the cinnamon stick.
- Mix the liquids, zest, cloves, brown sugar and nutmeg together in a pot; bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour liquid mixture over the dish's contents.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes appear to be tender and glazed.
- Chill for 3 hours and serve cold.