Cookbook:Strong Candied Sweet Potatoes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Strong Candied Sweet Potatoes|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 5 large sweet potatoes
- 2 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 5 cloves
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick cinnamon
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Sliced sweet potatoes and lay in a deep baking pan with the cinnamon stick.
- Mix the liquids, zest, cloves, brown sugar and nutmeg together in a pot; bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour liquid mixture over the dish's contents.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes appear to be tender and glazed.
- Chill for 3 hours, and serve cold.