Cookbook:Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork|
|Time||prep: 30 minutes|
rise: 90 minutes
cooking: ~20 minutes
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Bread
This is a yeast dough bun that is stuffed with a meat filling and steamed until cooked.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (95°F / 35°C)
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast (or 1 packet)
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 4 cups white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (225g) shredded cooked pork or chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Stir yeast and 1 tablespoon of sugar into 1-1/2 cups of warm water (95°F / 35°C.). Let stand for 15-minutes.
- Mix yeast water, 2 more tablespoons of sugar, flour, cooking oil, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- Stir until dough forms. Knead dough for 10-minutes.
- Allow dough to rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down and divide into 12 pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball, then flatten with rolling pin into a 6-inch (15cm) circle.
- Place 1 tablespoon of meat filling in center of each flattened piece of dough.
- Lift the edges of the flattened dough up around the filling and bring edges together.
- Pinch edges closed to form filled bun.
- Place buns on parchment paper.
- Allow to rise in warm place 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- Steam buns, in steamer, over boiling water for 20-minutes.
- Remove from steamer. When cool enough to handle, remove parchment paper from bottom.
- Serve warm.
- Place all ingredients in food processor.
- Process until ingredients are blended and chopped fine.
- Use 1 tablespoon of mixture per bun.
Keep leftovers refrigerated. Reheat in microwave for 30 to 45 seconds.