Cookbook:Steak and Peppers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Steak and peppers is a simple dish to throw together with leftover meat. Sliced seitan, seared flank steak, or any other protein would probably work as well. It also works well as a main dish with spinach and garlic and risotto.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
For 4 servings:
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces steak strips
- 12 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 7–10 leaves fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Sear steak strips, bell peppers and onion together with salt and red pepper flakes for a few minutes, then turn heat down and add crushed tomatoes and capers.
- Simmer, covered, for ten minutes or until steak is cooked through and tender.
- Chiffonade the basil and add, then simmer for another couple of minutes.