Cookbook:Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
These attractive green gnocchi originated in Tuscany where, confusingly, they were known as ravioli.
- 12 oz. cooked spinach, well drained and finely chopped
- 1 container (8 oz) Ricotta, mashed until smooth
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 5 tbsp. butter melted, salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Put the spinach, ricotta and seasoning in a saucepan and cook gently, stirring continuously, for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and beat in the eggs, the 3 tbsp. of the Parmesan and the flour.
- Chill the mixture for at least 4 hours.
- Lightly shape into small rounds and roll them into a very small amount of flour.
- Poach them in water until they float to the surface. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together the sauce ingedients and simmer until done