Cookbook:Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (Naporitan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (Naporitan)|
Naporitan or Napolitan (ナポリタン) is the name of a pasta dish, which is popular in Japan. Naporitan is claimed to be from Yokohama.
- 7 oz (170g) spaghetti
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb (110g) sausage or ham, sliced
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put about 8 cups of water in a large pot and add 2 tbsp of salt. Bring to a boil on high heat and cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large skillet and stir-fry onion, bell pepper, and sausage on medium heat until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add drained spaghetti in the skillet and stir-fry with other ingredients.
- Add ketchup and stir-fry the spaghetti. Mix butter in and stop the heat.